Double Crochet Stitch Tutorial – DC ST How To
How to make a double crochet stitch? In this tutorial, I walk you through the steps to creating a double crochet stitch. This is great if you are new to crochet and need to learn this stitch for a project.
If you are already familiar with how to crochet, check out my Beginner-Friendly Crochet Projects here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUmcifMqZH5tJr9oh9bZx2QMs-Z4kol2X
How to create a double crochet stitch using a crochet hook and yarn:
- Attach yarn to your crochet hook and chain 5.
- Turn your work by turning your crochet hook. Yarn over and insert your crochet hook in the 3rd stitch from your hook. The stitch will look like a “V.” Make sure you are inserting your hook between the “V” and the back loop. You should have 4 loops on your crochet hook.
- Yarn over and pull the yarn through the top 2 loops. Yarn over and pull through 2 more. Yarn over and pull through the last 2 loops on your hook. You have now completed 1 DC st.
- Yarn over and insert your hook inside the next chain “V.” Yarn over again and pull the yarn through the top 2 loops on your hook. Yarn over and pull through the top 2 loops again. Yarn over and pull through the last 2 loops on your hook. You have now completed a 2nd double-crochet stitch.
- Repeat step 4 until you reach your last chain stitch. To turn your work, chain 2, turn your work, and begin working in the next stitch from your hook.